Please thoroughly read all of the terms and information at the bottom of this page, as you must acknowledge this in you online application.
Terms and Information
Program Information 2018-19:
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Fridays 6-8 pm; Saturdays 1-5 pm; Sundays 1-5 pm
November 30; December 1-2
April 26-28 (graduation)
Tuition and Fees
Non-refundable Application Fee: $ 100.00* (applied to tuition)
Deposit due no later than September 1, 2018 $ 800.00* (applied to tuition)
Tuition prepaid by September 1, 2018 $3,000.00
Tuition after September 1, 2018 $3,350.00
Attendance Policy & Make-up
In order to receive your certificate of completion, it is important that you attend ALL training hours as scheduled. If you miss a session, you will be permitted to make up a maximum of five hours through extra reading and/or class observation. If you miss more than five hours of training you will have to pay $75 per hour for private instruction to make up the hours.
Cancellation, Withdrawal & Refund
No refunds are given. A credit may be applied to future trainings, but only in the case of illness or extreme circumstances.
You will be required to observe and assist yoga classes as a part of this training, as well as plan, prepare for and teach a class and meet for mentoring sessions; we will work with your schedule, but be advised that these additional hours will be required.
- The Spiritual Science of Kriya Yoga by Goswami Kriyananda
- Moving Toward Balance by Rodney Yee and Nina Zolotow
- The Heart of Yoga by T.K.V. Desikachar
- Art of Sequencing, Vol. 2, Seasonal Vinyasa by Melina Meza
- The Essence of Yoga, Bernard Bouanchaud
- The Breathing Book by Donna Fahri
- Bhaghavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
It is suggested that you purchase these books, but it is not required. Often students trade amongst each other and graduates will often loan you books. You will not be required to read these books cover to cover; the required reading books are just our primary reference books.
Recommended additional reading and reference books:
- The Secret of the Yoga Sutra, Panditji Rajmani Tigunait
- Happy, Healthy, Sexy by Katie Silcox
- Awakening Shakti; The Transformative Power of the Goddesses of Yoga
- The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- Tantra Unveiled, Panditji Rajmani Tigunait
- Scientific Keys, Vol. 2, The Key Poses of Yoga, Ray Long, MD
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Upanishads by Eknath Easwaran
- Autobiography of a Yogi,,Paramahansa Yogananda.
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Mukhta Bodhananda
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, H. David Coulter
Tuition payment agreement:
If I am unable to pay in full prior to September 1, 2018, I agreement make payments as follows. All payments are non-refundable:
Payment Date Payment Amount
Application fee $ 100.00
September 1, 2018 $ 800.00
October 1, 2018 $ 425.00
November 1, 2018 $ 425.00
December 1, 2018 $ 425.00
January 1, 2018 $ 425.00
February 1, 2018 $ 425.00
March 1, 2018 $ 325.00
Total payments: $ 3,350.00
Contract Acceptance and Agreement
By completing the application, I have read and understand this agreement and acknowledge receipt of a copy. It is further understood and agreed that this agreement supersedes all prior or contemporaneous verbal or written agreements and may not be modified without the written agreement of the student and the Director of the Uttara Yoga Teacher Training. I understand that if I default upon this agreement I will be responsible for payment of any collection fees or attorney fees incurred by Uttara Yoga Teacher Training.
My signature and submission signifies that I have read and understand all aspects of this agreement and do recognize my legal responsibilities in regard to this contract.